Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I think I have a good idea of how I work. The secret to being me is to figure out how to minimize my weak points and mistakes, and maximize my strong points. For instance, if I think I'm going to forget something later on, I'll put it in a place that is going to be with me when I remember that I should have brought it. Then I'll wait for that moment when I get that sinking feeling that I have forgotten something, but bless myself, I already have it on me. It's almost as if I protect myself from myself. I sometimes feel like I'm one of those characters in the movies who has lost their short term memory and they have to leave themselves polaroid pictures and/or notes to remind them of what the heck they are doing.

I was talking to my dad and it was almost as if I was talking to my future self. I was getting mad at him for being forgetful, but then I thought to myself, "I do this same exact thing." I'd say it was scary how alike we are, but we both think just about everything is funny, so it would be more accurate to say "it's funny how alike we are." The same happens to me in the other areas of my life. Call it life experience, but girls that I've screwed up with in the past have actually given me some education of some of the things that I need to make sure that I don't screw up on again. It's been a long learning experience but I came to figure out that I'd probably meet a girl that could live with some of my quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment