Saturday, August 30, 2003

They made it sound like girls were throwing themselves at guys who came to college here.

I guess I'm kind of glad that's not the case, but at times I think it would be nice. Sometimes it just sucks being friends with really cool chicks. I hate feeling nervous around them. There's something about them that recalibrates everything about how I act, think, and talk. It causes me to be everything except myself. I just want to be busy again. The less time that I have to myself to think about things, the better.

I'm convinced that one of the best feelings is being cold and wet and changing into warm dry clothes. Feeling the warmth of the fabric against my cold skin just makes me want to drop kick myself in the head. I went to some falls today. I call it "some falls" because I can never seem to remember the first name of these falls. They always seem to be preceded by either some person's last name: "Jenson Falls," or often times it can be some kind of inanimate object like: "Panther Falls" or "Slippery Mountain Falls" All this to say that I don't remember the name of the falls that we were at.

I went to these falls with this girl that I'm kind of digging on (but trying not to and doing a horrible job at trying not to) and her roomate and roomate's boyfriend. They're some cool people, and if I could just be myself, I'd probably have a really good time with them. Instead, half of the time I'm thinking about trying to act normal and the other half failing miserably at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment