Monday, August 25, 2003

Sometimes change happens slowly and sometimes it just takes a few days.

Recently my life here in Lynchburg has taken a turn for the better. First off, I'm so excited about the ministry that I've chosen to be apart of. Secondly, I'm excited about the new group of friends I've been hanging out with. It's been so nice to feel like I belong lately. A place where I can just sit back and relax for awhile rather than constantly feeling like I have to prove myself to be a contributing part of the group.

I'm spending the night over at my friend's house and I have trouble narrowing it down to one friend since I'm good friends with just about everyone who lives under this roof. We went out on their boat for the second time since I've started hanging out with them. I'm busy honing my skills as a wakeboarder. I'm far from good, but I do some crazy stuff that people enjoy seeing, so I guess that counts for something.

I became a member of the church that I've been attending since I've been here, and it was nice to be officially welcomed by the church. I have my first crush since being here. I am not at liberty (no pun intended) to give her name at the moment, but she is a sweetheart and I'll be seeing a lot of her this upcoming year.

There's just something about spending the day out on a boat on the river that just makes you tired and relaxed at the same time. I'm sort of in a chill state where I'm not exactly tired but I'm not exactly going to get up and do anything else. I work tomorrow night, but other than that, it's no obligations for Josser Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment