Wednesday, August 13, 2003

It's 1:23 in the morning and probably about 94-95% of the population of Lynchburg Virginia is asleep already. I fall into that small group of people who either can't sleep or just don't want to. I want a person who I can hang out with. Just one other will do. A guy preferrably. A cool single guy who likes to play cards and who I can bounce my non sensical crap off of.

It's not a question of whether I'm going to make friends. I'll make friends. I just need some good friends. Friends that will actually call me when people are hanging out. I can't stand that. When you call one of your friends and they tell you that there are a bunch of people over and they are about to leave but you can come over and hang out if you want.

"Umm, ok. Thanks for giving me the heads up."

I ended up going and the only people still there were the ones who lived there. By that time they were ready to go to sleep. At least they humored me and put on a movie that they could fall asleep to. I didn't mind at that point because the movie turned out to be interesting.

I'm not mad, sad, lonely, or depressed. It's just tough for me to feel like I fit in when they make me invite myself to everything. I enjoy talking on IM and the phone with old friends. It's just I can't wrap my arms around a voice from a reciever and I can't feel physically loved by words on a screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment