Sunday, July 27, 2003

I've never been a big fan of just giving the day to day news. Sometimes you have no other choice. I'm going to have to write about working, eating, and sleeping and make it interesting.

I guess I could update you on life in Virginia . Unfortunately, I think I'm picking up the accent here, or at least I do when I'm at work. "Y'all... I'm country now." I'm getting to be good friends with the people from work. It's been a better fit for me than G-ville Ale House. Now if they get the Big Red added to the menu, than I will absolutely love the place.

I've noticed that I either have really good days, or really bad days. Some days, nothing will suffice, and I'll treat my mom like crap. Other days, it's nothing but sweet talk. I've also figured out that I hate the summer. Yeah that's right. I can't freaking stand it. I just end up sleeping a lot to pass the time. That just ends up depressing me and makes falling asleep at night more difficult. I find that my best time is at work. At least I'm busy doing something rather than the nothing I do at home.

I used to be testing the waters with the middle school, but now I'm sure that's something I will be involved in this upcoming year. I think I'll be starting off working 10-hour weeks and if I decide to stay on with them, I'll move up to being a 30-hour a week intern. I've also developed a small following of 8th grade girls, who followed me around at church today. So with the two guys I met today, the guy I met two Sunday's ago, and going on the 8th grade trip, I've gotten to know about 35 middle schoolers. It's a small step for Josser, and one giant leap for Josser-kind.

I think I'm overdue to get out of the house. I think I might ask mom out to a movie tomorrow night. I'm counting down the days for Trinny to get back from NY. The only sucky thing is when she gets back, she'll also be wanting to spend time with her boyfriend so I won't get to hangout with her all day every day.

Come to think of it I haven't told anyone about what classes I'm taking this upcoming term. Well, if you cared:

Old Testament Survey
Speech
GEN ED (required class for 1st time LU students)
Evangelism & Church Ministry
History: Western Civilization II
Principles of Youth Ministry
(15 Hours)

Well I'm going to end this post here. This entry has the feeling of one of those long e-mails you send out to everyone updating them on crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment