Saturday, July 05, 2003

It's always kind of difficult to think of something to write when nothing exciting is happening. I could tell you that I did some laundry, or that I beat Final Fantasy II (it's a video game). I did some reading, and I cleaned my room. I showered and I had spaghetti for dinner. Exciting stuff.

Church is tomorrowand if I don't get up with my parents at 8 in the morning for prayer at their church, chances are that I won't get up for church at all. I don't even know how to get there.

My job situation isn't looking good but I haven't given up hope of finding a nice comfortable indoor job. If I don't find this job by Tuesday, then I will sign my life away to the pouring pavement occupation. Even though I don't like to admit it, this job could be good for me.

I can say with certainty that I have had a fairly comfortable life up till this point. Taking this paving job quite possibly could have me hating my life, but it will give me a healthy appreciation of post-paving life. In about a month, I probably won't mind the job all that much and I will probably have bigger muscles for all of the girls who really couldn't care less. The guys will be impressed though.

I'm not scared of many things, but this job has me close to wetting myself. I'll be working with middle aged men who I don't know, pouring pavement that I've heard can burn a hole in my foot if I let it get inside my boots. I'm afraid they'll laugh at me (haven't figured out what exactly they would laugh at). Maybe something might make my pants fall down, and I'll be humiliated in front of my whole paving crew. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the physical labor and wuss out, or quit or something. "Wook at wittle joshy. Ooh poor baby. Is wittle Joshy gonna Cwy???"

I really don't want to do this job, but in a weird kind of way I do. I feel like I have something to prove to myself. I haven't met the dudes I'll be working with but I feel like I have something to prove to them too. It could be worse. I could be making air conditioner filter frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment