Friday, July 04, 2003

The stereotypical American family 4th of July:

The kids run around and play while mom opens some windows in the house while she's probably cooking up a fresh cherry pie in the kitchen. Dad is outside barbecuing hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Mom sets the table and everyone gathers as a family outside on picnic tables with red and white checkered table cloths. Along with the hamburgers and hotdogs would be some coleslaw, corn on the cobb, and some baked beans. Of course some fireworks would begin to go off about half way through the meal. You have a bonfire where you make smores and you watch the fireworks by the lake.

I think everyone once in there life has hoped for something like this.

Well it's the 4th of July and this morning my mom brought me down some cereal and fruit. After I got done with that, I went outside to play some basketball while listening to Switchfoot on my car stereo. Mom came out and took a picture of me and then she went down to go out on the lake in the paddle boat. My dad went out a little bit later on. We are planning to go see some fireworks later tonight.

If anyone was watching a home video of this, they would think they were watching the Brady Bunch or that series with Fred Savage in it. I just have to laugh because sometimes you try to do things to conjure up that image you have of the ideal family. Sometimes you try to do anything to piece together that perfect image. Sometimes you don't have enough of the pieces to piece anything together. Other times you don't need any new pieces, but just need to arrange the ones you've got.

Man, I have a rocking family.

No comments:

Post a Comment