Thursday, May 29, 2003

It's been a dry season for writing.

The problem with a time like this is that I don't want to write in the first place and even if I did, my list of things to talk about aren't all that great. I could either bore you with the events of my usual day (i.e. work, school, video games), or I could try to find something else that's going on that actually does warrant writing about. Unfortunately, when I try to think outside the events of my day, I drop into a sort of life contemplation. Now this is not necessarily what I would like to write about either. I don't have a crush on a girl, and I haven't recently been in any life-threatening situations (These kind of things are great for not only writing about, but thinking about as well). It may have occurred to you that I still haven't written about much of anything yet. I've only been talking about what to talk about.

Which brings me to my next point. What I'm going to talk about. I could start off talking about how it's 2:21 in the morning and I have to get up in about 5 hours. Or I could always talk about how good my Big Red tasted tonight at Ale House and what I thought about the movie Anthony and Jason and I watched afterwards. From my overly pessimistic outlook of things, I could talk about how much my life sucks, and then I could tell you about how I shouldn't think that way because there�s a lot to be thankful for. I could give the details of the wedding I went to in Wisconsin and how the DJ at the wedding reception played Audio Adrenaline, YMCA, the Chicken Dance, and a remix of Amazing Grace. I could also go into more detail on all of these subects but since I took a while writing and editing this entry, it is now 2:58 and I'm too tired to think. I didn't really want to write in the first place, but I'm glad I got the chance to write about the fact that I didn't want to write.

Why talk about something when you can talk about nothing instead. That's what I always tell 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment