Sunday, June 01, 2003

Well, I just spent over $40.

I'd like to say that I am disappointed in my frugality with money today, but honestly I feel I was justified in how I spent it and wouldn't change anything about how I went about emptying my pockets. The fact that I went to the movie theatre twice today (that makes this 7 movies over the weekend), was only outdone by beginning the day with a meal at Ale House and ending it spending time with some good friends for half an hour of square dancing at 8 Seconds.

So here's a little poem explaining my day:

I slept in till one thirt-ay
Then I decided to do some schoolwork for class on Monday
I saw Bruce Almighty because Finding Nemo was sold out
I played some video games on the Playstation no doubt
The Big Red I had at Ale House was truly sublime
The Matrix Reloaded was even better this time
I got to 8 seconds about half an hour before
The time when the cowboy bouncer would show us the door
I paid the full $5 and my money was no more
The girls I was with really rocked the dance floor
It was the first and last time I would see these girls today
So $5 dollars turned out to be a small price to pay

I'm aware that each of the lines rhyme with the one directly after, and I am also aware that this is a horribly uncreative way of going about a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment