Monday, May 19, 2003

I just got back from a weekend in Orlando.

It was good to see all my old friends. It wasn't what I needed as far as sleep goes but I had a good time staying up late every night. I was reminded over the weekend of how sweet family is. Since by some crazy chance, our whole family was in the same place at the same time. We all met today for a meal and hung out at the mall. My nephew Isaac wore me out as he climbed up and down the playground all the while saying, "wait for me Josh," even though I was the one who was lagging behind. I hope God can forgive the ridiculous amount of pride I have when I'm around that kid.

Although I'm blessed with such an incredible family, I also realized that I enjoy being a part of other families as well. My friend Jonathan's family has become so dear to me. When Jason and I were saying our goodbyes, Mr. Lipps (Jon's dad) pulled me aside and told me how much he loved me. He told me that he loved my heart through choked tears. As we got in the car to leave, I cried. It is the first time that I have truly felt loved like a son, from someone other than my immediate family. Being loved like this, only helps to grow my idea of what it means to love and to be loved. It also helps me to see just how big the family is that I am apart of.

On the ride home, Jason and I barely said a word. We just listened to music as rain beat against the windshield and lightening lit up the sky. Nothing really needed to be said. I just counted my blessing, counted how much money I had spent on the trip, and counted how many minutes it would take before I got home and could fall asleep to the sound of rain hitting my bedroom window.

No comments:

Post a Comment