Thursday, April 24, 2003

Good conversation is good with guys, and even better with girls.

I don't know if I can speak for all guys, or even most, but I can speak for myself. I love talking with girls. I love delving into the way they think, and how they see things. I love hearing their hearts, and I especially love the way they hold cigars. So elegantly held. Tonight, I was privileged to be with my friend Jenn for her first cigar. As most smoking conversation does, we talked about the different cool ways to blow smoke out of your mouth, and how to accomplish these various methods.

Smoke inevitably rooted out, things beneath the surface. We went on to speak about the things beneath the immediate surface: college, future plans, current failures. We even talked about girls who stay with scum of the earth guys, and what would cause them to do this. Since it was obviously ludicrous to all of us, we concluded that they must see it much differently.
It was a great time and I was sad to see it end.

Another day gone and not a lot of schoolwork to show for it, but I�ve had a blessed time nonetheless. Tomorrow begins a week of hard work to finish the year off, only to be followed by more school, but thankfully the summer classes will only last 6 weeks.

Virginia is near, and when people ask me if I'm excited, I respond with "I'm getting there." With each passing day, I get more and more comfortable with the idea. I become a little less attached to my life here, and I grow a little more expectant of things to come. My brother Jason was right when he said that the hardest thing about knowing what is coming up, is being content until you actually get there.

The fact that I know that I'm going to Virginia, and where I'll be going to class, and where I'll be living, causes me to start seeing my current life as a temporary delay, and I never liked delay in life that much. It only seemed like a good idea when it concerned delaying schoolwork. I am a sucker for a good time with friends. I guess this is my Achilles heel, and if I'm not careful, I'll finish the race last (the race being school).

So, here's to overused analogies about school. Hear hear! (Here here?)

No comments:

Post a Comment