Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm starting to understand what a football kicker goes through when the opposing team calls a timeout right before he attempts a field goal.  I failed the Maryland home Improvement exam almost 3 weeks ago, and since then I have been waiting to retake it.  You'd think 3 weeks wouldn't feel like that long since I've been waiting for about 10 years ever since I figured out a was an entrepreneur and wanted to own my own business. I'm just trying to find things to keep myself engaged since I don't really do well with periods of time where I am supposed to wait. 

Jenn and I have been having a little bit of a difficult time lately because she can sense how restless I am.  It usually causes me to act impatient and frustrated, but I try to limit these reactions even though I believe they're attached to my frustration with having to wait.  We find ourselves in two different places right now, and we both can't quite bridge that gap.  We know it's temporary, so we're not too worried about it.  We have spent time apart at a couple of points in our relationship while we were long distance, so we've grown accustomed to having to deal with being apart locationally or emotionally or both. 

I am retaking the exam this upcoming Thursday and then I have about a month to wait for them to process my application.  Then I can move on from this state of waiting and that day can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment