Thursday, March 28, 2013

Waking up when Noah usually gets up is something I've gotten fairly used to doing.  I still find it odd though that I do it even when he's not here. I'm in Austin, TX for a wedding, and Jenn and Noah are at home. It's nice to be able to have time with some of my old friends and their children.  When I hear the patter of little feet, or their laughter, or crying... I'm reminded of how I miss my son.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Flew into Austin about 4:45pm and met up with my friend Nathan and his girlfriend Brittney.  We went grocery shopping and bought stuff for that night and the next morning.  It took awhile to get to where we were staying but it was definitely worth the drive. The place is up on a mountain and it is beautiful not to mention quite large. It has a hot tub which we got to soak in last night. There is something about the hot water that pulls deeper conversation out of you. That's at least how it's always been for me and my old friends ever since High School. We had burgers and beer and sweet potato fries and laughed till we cried. Mark brought some good wine and we enjoyed each others' company.  The ebb and flow of relationships over the years has been tough, but it has been a blessing to have these same friends throughout high school and college.

No comments:

Post a Comment