Sunday, March 17, 2013


Dear Father,

I am open to your leading.  Please show me whether I am doing the right thing or not.  I feel like I’m getting some push back and it’s causing me to wonder if what I’m doing is something that you’ve told me to do or not.  Your ways are good and perfect and I am not afraid anymore to follow your lead.  I know full well that you created me and you gave me a passion for the specific things you did. I also know you created me with certain strengths and weaknesses as well. I don’t want to make my own brand of religion that rigidly believes that I have to only do the things that I like doing.  I do however truly believe that I will like doing whatever you end up calling me to do.  Ultimately, I won’t be happy doing anything else other than what you have for me to do.  Please make it clear to me so that I can discern properly your good and perfect will for my life.  I love you, and I trust your leading.  Lead anywhere and I will go… and I’ll be sure to bring Jenn and Noah along for the ride. J

Your son,

Josh

1 comment:

  1. Your precious heart for the Lord hasn't changed since you were a child, son. Do you remember writing this poem when you were 16? I'll never forget the evening you brought this to me to read ... I adored you then and I adore you now.

    Mom

    ----------------------------

    WITH YOU

    Josh,

    When you were born,
    I loved you.
    When you accepted Me as your Lord and Savior,
    I rejoiced with the angels in heaven.
    At night when you would read your Bible and pray,
    I was overwhelmed with joy
    Because I got to spend time with you.
    When you were sleeping,
    I would run My fingers through your hair
    And whisper words of love in your ear.
    When you walked outside,
    I would embrace you with the warmth of the sun
    And caress your face with the cool breeze.
    If you only knew how much I love you!
    I'm earnestly awaiting the next time
    I can spend some time with you.

    Jesus

    ReplyDelete