Friday, July 20, 2007

Whenever I begin writing, I always wonder if what I am about to write will be any good. It's been exactly 5 months since I last wrote, and if it's true that writing ability can become rusty through disuse, then mine would be a healthy color of red and orange.

There is also the question of whether I care if my writing is any good. I do care, and here lies the reason: If writing is a direct portrayal of the heart, then I believe it is a sad thing when the heart's communication is hindered by poor writing. Writing has the potential to teach, but good writing can pierce the very soul of a person. I wouldn't say piercing souls is my purpose right now, but I do enjoy clarifying my thoughts about why it is that I write.

I have a dream of being an author, but it is not enough just to be an author. Bookshelves are lined with millions of books but how many of those books will get lost in the sea of hardbacks and paperbacks never to be discovered. I'm not asking for a huge audience, but I would like to know that my writing changed something or more importantly to me, someone. People are my passion and relationships are my heart beat, and I truly enjoy writing anything that has to do with either. I guess you could say that it feeds my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment