Thursday, March 11, 2004

It seems pointless to pour into a cup that's already full. Still more pointless to continue pouring.

God is so good! Today has been such a blessing! Of course sometimes God's provision catches you off-guard, but sometimes God's lavish blessing can kick you right in the gut and when you are doubled over, it can upper cut you in the face.

I know I shouldn't be surprised when God gives blessing, but today was too much. Of course he has provided money and food, to supply some instant needs, and he is also in the process of fulfilling needs for the rest of the month. Sure He has filled my cup but then he gives me a day like this and my once full cup can no longer hold it's contents.

I won't explain the details, but sometimes God will give small glimpses of the future. A small sample of a life that isn't far from being lived. One present opened on Christmas Eve. A preview of the film that hasn't been released yet. I see where I will be in five years, and I see the amount of hard work it'll take me to get there.

Instant gratification is just a quick fix, and never benefited anyone. The long term on the other hand, yields great rewards for the person who is willing to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment