Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's easy for me to get weighed down by other's burdens. I don't want to hear that people are hurting. I don't want to hear from a friend that it's his birthday today, and no one has told him "happy birthday." I don't want to hear from a friend that his girlfriend just broke up with him and he's had a sucky week. I hate that people are hurt. I'd almost rather that I never hear about their hurt, so I could think that I was the only one with problems.

I wish I could get my own life in order. I'm not discouraged. I'm just having trouble doing what I know I need to do. On top of that, I feel unable to help other people when I can barely help myself.

I can't stop biting my nails, and I sleep too much when I shouldn't be sleeping, and I don't sleep enough when I should. I need to shower and spend some time with the Lord. I need to improve in my classes, and I need to have more joy. Sure I can put my problems in perspective when my friends tell me theirs.

I try not to unload all of my unspoken worry and problems, but tonight I didn't want to talk to anyone about all of it. I just wanted to write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment