Tuesday, May 06, 2003

My better judgment is a little bit off sometimes.

My friend (whom I consider my little sister even though she's older than me), asked me to drive down to Orlando with her to drop her sister at the airport and then go from there to Sebring (another 2 hours away). Since I didn't have to work the next day, I said "Sure, why not". I slept an hour that night and we left for Orlando 2:30 in the morning. After we swung by Orlando, we got into Sebring, FL at 7:00 the next day. Red-eyed and tired we got to my friend's dad's house. The only bed that was available was a bunkbed in a spare room. I slept on the bottom bunk and my friend slept on the top bunk. I was so tired, it didn't occur to me that he probably didn't approve of the fact that I was sharing a room with his daughter. Ooops. He left the door open.

After 5 hours of sleep, I felt 10 times better, and her dad took us out to lunch. He turned out to be a really cool guy. After my friend's dentist appointment, and stopping by her mom's work, we headed back to Gainesville. We got some slurpees and at some random gas station, I ran into an old friend who lives in Charlotte, NC now.

I got back to Orlando and went to see X-Men 2 for the second time. I worked today and I've got shifts for the rest of the week, so I can pay for classes this summer. Life is pretty chill and I'm enjoying myself. It's time to play some video games and then play some basketball with one of the high schoolers from the youth group.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment