Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lately I've been really trying to figure out how to accomplish some of the dreams that I have, and it seems like there is a vast chasm separating me and the fulfillment of those dreams.  I dream of being and author and I dream of one day having a successful business. Even though these two goals can sometimes feel like a pipe dream, I have studied success enough to know these kind of things aren't all that unlikely.  It may take a while to accomplish them, but it's not a pass/fail type of thing.  A more accurate description of success would be that you have to try/fail/adjust.

The common theme I see when I look at people who have succeeded is that more than being well-connected, they are resilient.  More than being smart, they refuse to quit.  Each failure is packed full of useful information.  It is human nature to avoid pain, and failure is some of the most difficult pain to experience.  Because of this built in mechanism being apart of our nature, our adjustment is made almost instinctually so as not to fail the same way again.  After each successive failure, we are one step closer to success.

1 comment: