Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I'm learning not to give up on thinking big.

In my life when things haven't worked out the way that I thought they would, I begin to give up on having dreams for my future. The cool thing about kids is that they still believe they can do great things. People are told "no" and "you can't do it" so many times that they conform to the mediocre way of living that surrounds them. We are a bunch of crabs in a bucket, and are constantly pulled down by the world's way of thinking.

I was reading James 1 this morning and it was a great reminder that the hard times mature me and build character. When things are tough, if I persevere, I will win the prize.

Maturity requires three things: Time, pain, and change. I'm just having a tough time with the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment