Thursday, November 27, 2003

"It's cool Josser... you've done it before, why not screw things up again."

Met a cool chick named Hailey. Unfortunately for me, I started liking her. This was my first mistake. My second mistake was talking. The night started off great. Then wouldn't you know it, I got into this "deep mood." Now let me clarify what this is (although I think you might already know what I'm talking about). I started asking deep questions and after she probably got uncomfortable, she headed upstairs, I knew that to talk further would be to suck things up further, so being the smart guy that I am, I fell silent.

Now I understand you might be thinking, that I should just be myself. Well the thing is I was myself. I was the alter ego of myself that is all about the ladies but never gets any of them. A split persona of the mind. A separate identity of the brain. A spliced personality of the psyche. Essentially a not-cool side of Josser that decides to leap out of its hiding place to scare people when they least expect it.

Thankfully, I can say that the night ended on a good note. I was able to hangout in the backseat while Hailey and my sister were in the front and since I had already fell silent, I prayed. I did the one thing I knew that would get my focus off myself and my surroundings. God is faithful even in things as trivial as Josser's girl problems.

I talked to Trinny on the way back home about it. She gave me her girl insight on what she saw. She told me she didn't think Hailey was the girl for me, and I agreed with her. Definitely a cool chick, and she'll make a good friend, but I'm waiting for God to show me what's behind door #20.

Now it's time to lose interest in girls for another couple of months until the next one comes along. Then crazy alter ego Josser can jump out of his hiding place and freak the crap out of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment